1. A 2. B 3. D 4. D 5. B 6. D 7. A 8. D 9. A 10. B
11. D 12. B 13. C 14. A 15. D 16. B 17. A 18. B 19. A 20. B
21. B 22. B 23. C 24. C 25. A 26. C 27. B 28. B 29. D 30. D
31. D 32. C 33. C 34. C 35. A 36. B 37.D 38. D 39. C40. B
41. D 42. D 43. D 44. B 45. D 46. D 47. D 48. B 49. D 50. A
51. C 52. A 53. D 54. A 55. B 56. A 57. A 58. A 59. B 60. B
21. The place __ interest the children most is the Children’s Palace.
A. what B. that C. where D. in which
22. I, ___ your good friend, will try my best to help you out.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
23. The brave man, ___ the tiger was shot, is a good hunter.
A. of whom B. by that C. by whom D. by which
24. The clever boy made a hole in the wall, ___ he could see what was going on inside the house.
A. on which B. at which C. through which D. in which
25. This is the girl ___ I believe was the driver of the car.
A. who B. whom C. in whom D. /
26. My hometown is no longer the same ___ it used to be.
A. like B. that C. as D. which
27. You can take any seat ___ is free.
A. in which B. that C. where D. on which 28. She hasn’t got enough money ___ to buy the rings.
A. for which B. with which C. that D. which
29. I’ve read all the books ___ were borrowed from the library.
A. they B. where C. / D. that
30. Is oxygen the only gas ___ helps fire burn?
A. it B. which C. / D. that
31. The Second World War ___ millions of people were killed ended in 1945.
A. on which B. where C. in that D. during which
32. Did you tell your mother all ___ you had seen on the way home?
A. what B. why C. that D. which
33. It’s one of the most important meetings ___ this years.
A. that has been held B. which has been held
C. that have been held D. which have held
34. Do you know who lives in the building ___ there is a well.
A. in front of it B. in front of whose
C. in front of which D. in the front of which
35. I’ll never. forget the day ___ I joined the League.
A. on which B. which C. in which D. at which
36. She showed her new watch to my wife, ___ was kept in a box.
A. who B. which C. that D. it
37. She had three sons, all ___ became doctors.
A. who B. whose C. of which D. of whom
38. This is the new type of plane ___ parts are made of plastics.
A. that B. what C. which D. whose
39. ___ is known to all, China is a developing country, belonging to the third world.
A. It B. That C. As D. Which
40. Is this the leaning tower ___ Galileo did experiments centuries ago?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
41. Mont Blanc ___ we visited last summer is the highest mountain in Europe.
A. where B. that C. what D. which
42. Those ___ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn 43. Didn’t you see the man ___?
A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now
44. Have you seen the girl ___?
A. that I told B. I told you of
C. whom I told you D. I told you of him
45. Can you lend me the novel ___ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
46. Who ___ has common sense will do such a thing?
A. which B. who C. whom D. that
47. This is the biggest laboratory ___ we have every built in our school.
A. which B. what C. where D. /
48. Is there anything ___ to you?
A. that is belonged B. that belongs
C. that belong D. which belongs
49. Please pass me the dictionary ___ cover is black.
A. which B. which of C. its D. whose
50. Is this the museum ___ you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
51. How do you like the book? It’s quite different from ___ I read last month.
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
52. Which sentence is wrong?
A. The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put it into my mouth.
B. Do you know the boy who jumped onto the platform?
C. Science and new technology have made it possible for farmers to produce more food on the same amount of land.
D. People in ancient times took it for granted that the sun moved round the earth.
53. Antarctic ___ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A. which B. where C. that D. about which
54. May the fourth is the day ___ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
55. October 1,1945 is the day ___ the People’s Republic of China was founded.
A. which B. when C. that D. on that
56. A steel plant is a place ___ I am longing to visit these years.
A. that B. where C. in which D. to where
57. This is just the place ___ am longing to visit these years.
A. that B. where C. in which D. to where
58. The& nbsp;hotel ___ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at C. we stayed D. in that we stayed
59. He is not ___ a fool ___.
A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks
C. as, as he is looked D. so, as he looks
60. He has two sons, ___ work as chemists.
A. two of whom B. both of whom
C. both of which D. all of whom